What is a Powertrain Warranty?
A warranty is a statement made by either the seller or the manufacturer of a product or service promising that it will perform in a specified manner for a specific period of time. When shopping for a vehicle you often hear the term "powertrain warranty". A powertrain warranty is generally a promise to repair or fix an issue with the parts of the powertrain should a malfunction arise based on the agreement signed by the buyer.
The powertrain of a car consists of multiple components…
- Any of the internal workings of the engine
- Simply put, the powertrain provides power to the car
Simply put, the powertrain provides power to the car…
- The sensors that are generally included in a powertrain warranty provide input and output to and from the powertrain control module (PCM).
- Some sensors send the computer information, which transcribes the information and sends it to output sensors.
- They all work together to make the car run cleanly, smoothly and efficiently. If a mechanical problem arises within the powertrain and it is covered under the terms of the warranty, either the manufacturer or dealership will have to pay for the repairs to the powertrain. What is covered under the warranty, however, varies greatly between vehicles, manufactures and dealerships. When looking to purchase a vehicle you should review this carefully and be sure to understand all of the terms and conditions within the warranty.
If you believe you may be having powertrain problems please contact our service center and we will be happy to check on your warranty status and get your issues fixed so that you can drive safely and worry free.