2016 Hyundai Sonata vs. 2016 Toyota Camry
Drivers looking for mid-sized sedan would do well to check out two of the most popular vehicles in the segment: the 2016 Toyota Camry and the 2016 Hyundai Sonata, which just hit the lots around Moore and Mustang. To help you distinguish which might better suit your needs, our experts rigorously compared these two class-topping vehicles. Let’s take a look at what they’ve found.
The MSRP is often either the first or last word in the decision of whether or not to purchase a vehicle:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata: The 2016 Hyundai Sonata’s base price starts at $21,750.
- 2016 Toyota Camry: The 2016 Camry’s pricing starts at $23,070 MSRP.
If you’re looking to get a higher-end mid-sized sedan on a budget, you’ll save $1,320. And when you bear in mind that the Sonata’s has superior fuel economy, it’s clear the Sonata is going to be easier on your wallet.
Along with its lower price-tag, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata offers much better mpg than its competitor, the 2016 Toyota Camry:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata: Hyundai’s 2016 Sonata delivers 28/38 mpg between city and highway.
- 2016 Toyota Camry: The Camry can’t compete with the Sonata’s fuel economy in a point-for-point comparison, maxing out at 25/35 mpg for city and highway.
But pricing and gas mileage aren’t the only ways in which the Sonata offers a more practical alternative on the sportier side of the mid-sized sedan segment.
Bearing in mind the lower price-tag and the higher fuel economy, the Sonata comes with one of the most generous warranties available. See how Hyundai’s warranty compares to Toyota’s below:
- Hyundai’s Warranty: The basic warranty covers your car for 5 years or 60,000 miles; the powertrain warranty covers your engine for 10 years or 100,000 miles; and roadside assistance is offered for 5 years and unlimited miles.
- Toyota’s Warranty: Toyota’s basic warranty falls significantly short of Hyundai’s at 3 years or 36,000 miles. So too with the powertrain warranty, which only offers drivers 5 years and 60,000 miles of coverage, little more than half of what Hyundai offers.
Considering that these cars both sit in the same price category of their segment and offer similarly luxurious and powerful packages, we strongly recommend the Hyundai Sonata, as it’s more affordable from nearly every angle.
Test-Drive the new 2016 Hyundai Sonata Near Moore and Mustang
Want to know how can you get your hands behind the wheel of a 2016 Hyundai Sonata near Moore and Mustang for a test-drive? Contact Automax Hyundai Norman at (888) 974-8847 in order to schedule an appointment for yourself.