2016 Hyundai Elantra vs. 2016 Honda Civic
Drivers searching for a capable and athletic compact have a variety of choices, but few offer what the 2016 Hyundai Elantra does to Midwest City and Edmond shoppers. To demonstrate this value, the experts at AutoMax Hyundai of Norman have prepared a comparison of the Elantra and its nearest competitor, the 2016 Honda Civic. We think it’s easy to see what the superior choice is.
The 2016 Hyundai Elantra has a base price of $17,250 – nearly $1,400 less than the 2016 Honda Civic sedan’s base price of $18,640. That isn’t the only way the Honda falls short, however:
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: The Hyundai Elantra ranked in the top 4 in recent JD Power and Associates studies for initial quality and value, in part thanks to its industry-leading 5-year/60,000-mile basic and 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
- 2016 Honda Civic: The Honda failed to place in the top rank for initial quality and placed 14th for initial value. This low satisfaction could be because the Honda offers a warranty of just 3-years/36,000-miles for the basic and 5-years/60,000-miles for the powertrain, which amounts to years less than the Hyundai on both counts.
The Hyundai Elantra delivers a more powerful driving experience than the 2016 Honda Civic and offers better control as well:
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: The Elantra can be equipped with a 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that is capable of 173 hp and 154 lb.-ft. of torque. This potent engine is accompanied by Hyundai’s front and rear gas-charged shocks which make even bumpy roads feel markedly smoother. Its tough brakes can bring the Hyundai to a full stop from 70 mph in just 172 feet according to recent Car and Driver testing.
- 2016 Honda Civic: The Honda also offers a 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine, but it produces just 158 hp and 138 lb.-ft. of peak torque. The Civic lacks gas-charged shocks, so drivers can expect a bumpier ride and, should there be a need for hard-braking from 70 mph, it will take 178 feet according to Car and Driver testing.
The Elantra was chosen as the 2012 North American Car of the Year – an honor that the Civic has yet to receive – thanks to superior features and a design that carries through to 2016:
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: The Elantra offers standard 60/40 folding rear seats on every trim, making it easier to carry long parcels and still accommodate a rear passenger. For drivers needing more interior space without the bulkiness of a crossover, the Elantra can also be purchased as an attractive wagon.
- 2016 Honda Civic: The Honda Civic offers 60/40 folding rear seats on the EX trim and above, but drivers will have to pay extra for it, making it impossible for LX owners to carry long packages and rear seat passengers. And, should shoppers decide they want a little more space than the Civic sedan can manage, they’ll have to shop elsewhere – the Civic is not available as a wagon.
See the 2016 Hyundai Elantra at Your Premier Midwest City and Edmond Hyundai Dealer Today
To get behind the wheel of the 2016 Hyundai Elantra, visit your leading Midwest City and Edmond Hyundai dealership, AutoMax Hyundai. Contact an associate at (888) 974-8847, or stop by our showroom at 551 N. Interstate Dr. in Norman, OK today.