Trims and Pricing
Drivers can choose from six impressive trims when building their Hyundai Sonata:
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata SE – Starting at $21,950 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Eco – Starting at $23,125 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport – Starting at $23,400 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T – Starting at $26,600 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited – Starting at $27,150 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T – Starting at $34,350 MSRP
The Hyundai Sonata’s sleek, elegant exterior doesn’t just deliver a head-turning ride, it also provides enhanced aerodynamics for greater fuel economy, Dynamic Bending Lights for better visibility, and two choices for letting the daylight in – the panoramic sunroof and the power tilt-and-slide sunroof. The new Sonata even gives drivers an optional hands-free smart trunk and automatic high-beam assist on selected trims for even greater flexibility and convenience.
Hyundai offers drivers the option of three engines to power the 2017 Hyundai Sonata:
- 1.6L – The Eco trim is powered by the 1.6L inline 4-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged engine and 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch transmission with SHIFTRONIC that delivers 178 hp and 195 lb.-ft. of peak torque. In recent EPA testing, this engine delivered 28 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel efficiency.
- 2.4L – The SE, Sport, and Limited trims are equipped with the 16-valve 2.4L 4-cylinder engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC that can generate as much as 185 hp and 178 lb.-ft. of peak torque while delivering up to 25 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel efficiency in government testing.
- 2.0L – The 2.0T trims have the 2.0L twin-scroll inline turbocharged 4-cylinder powerplant with 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC. This combination delivered 245 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and 22 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway fuel economy in testing.
Interior Design and Features
The spacious 2017 Hyundai Sonata provides 106.1 cubic feet of interior passenger space, and fills it with impressive comfort and convenience features that include:
- Driver Convenience – Niceties like power windows with one-touch driver control, air conditioning, power locks, multifunction steering wheel with audio, calling, and cruise controls, and Bluetooth are standard to every Sonata. Drivers can also add options like one-touch passenger windows, rear window sunshades, and more.
- Cabin Comfort – In addition to the optional dual-zone front automatic climate control, the Sonata can be equipped with heated and ventilated front seats with leather seating surfaces, 8-way power adjustability and memory, as well as an auto-dimming rearview mirror for better nighttime visibility.
- Advanced Technology – The BlueLink Telematics system is standard and delivers remote access, emergency notification, and more. Also standard is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which allows a compatible smartphone to connect to the vehicle for voice control of selected features through the available 8-inch color touchscreen interface as well as optional navigation.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Reviews
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata delivers the power and features drivers love, and these critics are taking notice:
- Edmunds – “The Sonata’s technology features are impressive, from available driver safety aids like blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking to large, crisp touchscreen displays for navigation and entertainment functions.”
- AutoBlog – “I simulated a panic stop from 60 mph and the Sonata stopped straight and in a surprisingly short distance.”
- Automobile Magazine – “The array of controls on the center stack has the kind of logical organization that makes operation intuitive.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “It all complements a nicely laid-out and easy-to-use interior.”
Advanced Safety Technologies
From the standard rearview camera system to optional driver assist features, the Sonata is engineered to protect:
- Accident Prevention – Every Sonata is equipped with Vehicle Stability Management, Traction Control, ABS, Electronic Brake-force Distribution with Brake Assist, and Electronic Stability control to ensure that drivers can keep the vehicle on the road even during emergency maneuvers.
- Passenger Protection – Advanced dual front airbags with occupant classification sensors, SRS side-impact and side-curtain airbags, and driver’s knee airbag come on every Sonata to prevent harm to cabin occupants in the event of a crash.
- Driver Assist – Optional systems like Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross-traffic Alert, and Lane Change Assist help to warn drivers of obstacles they may not be able to see while the Smart Cruise control with automatic start/stop, can help to prevent a forward collision if the driver cannot react in time.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2017 Hyundai Sonata at the Premier Moore and Mustang Hyundai Authority Today
To learn more about the 2017 Hyundai Sonata and what it can do for your Moore and Mustang commute, contact AutoMax Hyundai of Norman at (888) 974-8847, or visit us at 551 N. Interstate Dr. in Norman, OK.